Cops nab man wanted for sexually assaulting six joggers in Queens park through DNA from grand larceny arrest KERRY BURKE ROCCO PARASCANDOLA NEW YORK DAILY NEWS August 4, 2017
- Police on Wednesday made an arrest in a series of sexual assaults dating back six years, according to the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office.
Javon Collier, 34, is facing two counts of sexual assault, and is a suspect in a third attack.
A doctor has been charged with 118 sexual offences including sexually assaulting a girl under 13.
It is alleged that Dr Manish Shah, 47, assaulted 54 victims at a surgery in Havering, east London, between June 2004 and July 2013, when he was first arrested.
Shah was first suspended for four months by the General Medical Council in August 2014 - a year after unspecified 'interim conditions' were placed on him - but his suspension has been extended on a annual basis since.
He is now listed on NHS Choices as working one day a week at North Avenue Surgery in Southend-on-Sea, Essex, although none of the charges relate to his time there and the surgery's records have not been updated in nearly three years.
Police began an investigation into Shah, from Romford, after several people came to police with allegations in July and August 2013.
He is due to appear on bail on Thursday, 31 August at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court.
The NHS website says Shah, who has been registered as a GP since March 2006, is able to perform some minor surgery and his main interest is in family planning. The website adds that he is able to ‘fit and remove [contraceptive] coils’, but it is unclear if any of the allegations relate to intimate examinations.
Shah, who speaks Hindi and Gujarati in addition to English and was not born in the UK, lives in a detached house in an upmarket area of Romford, East London, where the average home costs more than £800,000.
Land Registry records show that he bought the property for £305,000 in 1999.
A spokesman for the GMC was unaware that Shah was still listed as working on the Southend-on-Sea surgery website, pointing out that he would not be allowed to practise under suspension.
The spokesman added: ‘We do not comment on ongoing investigations. Dr Manish Shah had conditions placed on his practice in 2013 preventing him from seeing female patients alone, and was suspended from the register in 2014.
‘This means he has been unable to practise since then. In matters where a doctor is subject to a criminal investigation, our own investigation process cannot continue until criminal proceedings have ended.’
Shah is to appear at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court in East London on August 31.
Pictured: Family planning GP, 47, charged with 118 sexual offences on 54 victims including a child under 13 PADDY DINHAM FOR MAILONLINE and ERMINE SINMAZ and REBECCA CAMBER FOR THE DAILY MAIL 2 August 2017
Within hours of a Sanger teen going missing in May 2015, detectives were hot on the trail. Two years after arresting the man responsible the pursuit of justice is not over.
Sanger Police Chief Silver Rodriquez said, "Because we believe this guy is a sexual predator, we really are hoping for the maximum sentence."
Russell Deviney, 50, pleaded guilty to several sex crimes in an Oregon court Tuesday. He admitted to masquerading as teenager online, duping the 15-year-old victim to meet with him then whisking her off to Oregon, raping her along the way.
"She got a look at his face, she realized this is not who I thought I was going to meet, and at that point he was moving," said Rodriquez.
The victim eventually escaped when the kidnapper's car broke down. Investigators say had she not broken free, the outcome would be drastically different.
"He knows that if he just lets her go, that she's going to report it and that he's gonna do some hardcore prison time, so we think he had intended to kill her," said Rodriquez.
Detectives said Deviney was preying on other teenage girls online too. They are hoping the judge will impose a strong sentence at his hearing next week.
It's not just the investigators, the victim, along with her mother, will also be at the hearing and are expected to read impact statements.
2 years after Sanger teen kidnapped and raped man accused to be sentenced by Oregon judge Aug 04 2017
Two serial rapists were sentenced to life in prison by the Pretoria High Court.
Police spokesperson Captain Matthews Nkoadi said Samuel Ngobeni (40) and Jeffrey Tsoku (42) had been terrorising women north of the city between 2013 and 2015.
They were found guilty of several counts of rape, three of kidnapping, armed robbery, theft and assault.
“They were sentenced to a total of 12 life sentences plus an additional 768 years,” said Nkoadi.
ALSO READ: Police finally catch serial rapist
The men targeted hiking spots around Kolonade, Wonderpark and Haartebeespoort malls and on Molefe Makinta Highway. They always used the same modus operandi.
“Our team of detectives led by Warrant Officer Moses Mmolawa spent sleepless nights to ensure these men are removed from the streets and society,” Nkoadi said.
Judge Makama sentenced Ngobeni to six life terms plus 288 years in prison and Tsoku six life terms and 480 years.
Tshwane SAPS north cluster commander Major-General Hilder Mohajane commended the investigators for their focussed hard work and dedication.
She said these convictions would deter other members of the community from committing such cruel actions.
Another rapist was sentenced to life imprisonment on Monday in the Ga-Rankuwa High Court. Silas Ramothopa (37) and also declared unfit to possess a firearm.
“He threatened a little girl with a firearm, forced her into the bedroom and raped her while her aunt was away.”
This incident took place in Itsoseng, Mabopane.
The child reported the matter to her aunt when she returned and she alerted the police who arrested and charged Ramothopa with the rape of a minor.
“On Monday 31 July, he was convicted and sentenced to life imprisonment.”
Serial rapist abused mum and underage daughter on same day while on bail for sex offences Beast Edward Hunter is finally behind bars after preying on pair while awaiting trial for a string of sex abuse charges JOHN FERGUSON 5 AUG 2017
A third woman has come forward with allegations against a Louisville Metro police officer, the department confirmed Friday.
LMPD spokesman Dwight Mitchell said the third woman's allegations, initially reported by WAVE 3, were "similar" to the others levied against Officer Pablo Cano but was unable to specify the exact nature of her claims. Two women have alleged they were raped by Cano, who is under investigation by the department's Public Integrity Unit.
In late June, a Louisville woman sued the police department and Cano, accusing him of rape and sexual abuse. And Monday, a second woman filed a similar suit alleging the officer raped and sexually molested her in December 2016.
Mitchell said he did not believe the third woman had filed a lawsuit.
Louisville attorney Shannon Fauver, who filed suits on behalf of the other two plaintiffs, said she is not currently representing the third woman.
"I will say that I'm not surprised," Fauver wrote in an email Friday about the allegations. "If someone is a rapist, there will be more victims."
Second case: Second woman accuses LMPD officer of rape
The police department and Louisville Metro Government do not comment on pending litigation.
Attorney Steve Schroering, who is representing Cano, said Friday evening that he was unable to comment on the third woman's allegations.
He said, though, that he has spoken with the officer at length since he began representing him last week and Cano "maintains his innocence of any criminal activity."
Both women are referred to as Jane Doe in the lawsuits, which were filed in Jefferson Circuit Court. Claims in a lawsuit represent only one side of a case.
The first claims Cano raped a woman on multiple occasions in 2016 and the other alleges the officer forced himself on her when he was off-duty, but in uniform, providing security at an event.
Women in both court filings say Cano would call and video chat them while working for LMPD prior to the alleged assaults.
Cano has been an LMPD officer since 2015 and is now on administrative leave pending the completion of the internal investigation, a department spokeswoman confirmed, declining to comment further.
Police have made an arrest in connection with a sexual assault in northwest Dallas, and they say the suspect has confessed to several attacks in the city.
He's been identified as 23-year-old Sean Padilla. So far he's charged with one count of aggravated sexual assault. According to Dallas police, he's confessed to five sexual assaults, and one of them happened in Garland. He will likely face additional charges.
One of the sexual assaults happened on April 4 in the 13700 block of Maham Road. Two more happened in May in the 7000 block of Holly Hill Drive and another on 100 S. Jupiter Road in Garland.
The sexual assaults continued, another one reported in the 8600 of Lazy Acres on June 26. Police confirmed finger printing tests connected him to the sexual assault in the 2900 block of Kendale Drive on July 18.
Police are testing DNA to see if he could possibly be connected to more sexual assaults in the area.
Neighbors in the 2900 block of Kendale Drive are on high alert right now. They say it is anything but business as usual in the community.
”It’s hard,” said neighbor Ana Camacho.
Some women in the area say they are afraid, after learning a mother was sexually assaulted by a strange man while entering her apartment at about 1:30 p.m. on Tuesday afternoon.
“It’s really scary because, there’s a lot of females, a lot of kids,” said neighbor Jacqqy Martinez. “A lot of little girls out here playing, and for that to happen it’s really scary for us.”
Dallas police officers are patrolling the area. A couple of detectives could be seen canvassing an apartment complex on the street on Wednesday.
The crime is frightening to neighbors like Camacho. She says her 13-year-old hangs out in the area with friends.
Camacho explained, "It makes me uncomfortable. It’s just that I’m worried about my daughter, because she likes to be around this park a lot. It’s hard.”
That description, police say, is similar to another rape that happened about 14-miles away on the 8600 block of Lazy Acres three weeks ago. Investigators released a sketch of the suspect from that case, after a gunman entered a woman’s apartment and sexually assaulted the victim.
“I don’t even know what to say,” Camacho explained nervously.
Some women in the area say they will be focused on their surroundings and personal safety.
“I’m going to carry a pepper spray or something,” Martinez said. “Because that’s crazy. I don’t want that happening to me.”
An arrest warrant affidavit for the rape on Holly Hill Drive reveals that the suspect pushed open her apartment door and demanded money and gold. He then showed her a weapon and sexually assaulted her. He told the victim that if she "made too much noise," he would kill her, the affidavit states.
While being interviewed by police, Padilla confessed to the rape.
Padilla is currently in the Dallas County jail with a bond set at $100,000.
An alleged serial rapist has been arrested by the police in Lagos for defiling a five-year-old girl.
Emeka Kingsley, a resident of Osoyintola Street in Ilasamaja, Isolo Local Council Development Area, was said to have raped five other children at different intervals before his current victim.
It was gathered that the suspect was arrested over the weekend after a tenant caught him penetrating the minor.
According to a resident, Tolani Bakare, he offered the child biscuit before taking her to the toilet, where he raped her.
Bakare said: “He gave the girl biscuit and took her into the toilet where he raped her. The girl was crying inside the toilet and her elder sister, who was looking for her, heard her voice.
“She called her name and walked towards the toilet. At that point, Kingsley rushed out. When the little girl was asked why she was crying, she told her sister what Kingsley was doing to her.
“It wasn’t the first time he raped children in this neighbourhood. He has done it to five others and begged their parents for forgiveness when they discovered it.”
The suspect was arrested after the victim’s mother filed a complaint at the Ilasamaja Police Station.
A source said the suspect’s family offered policemen bribe to settle the case but they were rebuffed and warned.
After obtaining a medical report which indicated that the minor’s hymen had been broken, the division moved the case file and the suspect to the Gender Unit, Command Headquarters, Ikeja.
'Disturbed' sexual predator who attacked five women in weekend rampage jailed for eight years August 06 2017